-Q: How to register on the site as a club member.
-A: As a registered club member you have some benefits on this site: you can upload pictures to the image galleries, create a blog article and access a members only section (future) with the club bylaws and member contact information. To register with the site, use the 'create new account' in the left menu. We will verify your login against our membership database. This usually takes a day. If you want to register with the site and become member of the club, use the membership application in the menubar above.
If you're not a club member or have no intention to become a member, then there is no benefit in registering with the site.
TIP: If you're using a different email address than the one you entered on your membership application, contact the webmaster(s) via the contact function in the left menu.
-Q: How to add photo(s) to a gallery.
-A: As a registered member you can upload pictures to the galleries. JPEG, PNG and GIF are allowed, Jpeg (jpg) images are preferred.
1. Logon to the website (username & password required).
2. Along the left panel, click on “Create Content”.
3. The “Create Content” page will appear. Click on “Image”.
4. The “Create Image” page will appear. Select your desired Image Gallery on the drop-down list. Click on the green “+” icon.
5. A pop-up window will appear. Select one or multiple photos by highlighting them. Click the “Open” button.
6. The site will show the photo(s) selected in the “Create Image” page. At the bottom of the list, click the “Save” button.
7. Each image will be uploaded – status shown by a color bar. Wait until all photos have been uploaded, then click the “Next Step” button.
8. The “Edit Captions” page will appear. Add any titles or captions/formatting and click on the “Done Editing” button at the bottom of the page.
9. The site will show the number of photos uploaded to the designated gallery. You’re done!
You have now succesfully uploaded an image with a title and some optional text.
TIP: You can scale down the image to 1024 wide (landscape) or high (portrait) to speed up uploading. If you don't have the software to do this just upload 'as is', the site will rescale for you. In both case the site will make a thumbnail and preview image for use on the site.
-Q: How to add a gallery.
-A: You can propose a new gallery to the webmasters, by contacting the webmasters using the contact function in the left menu. You can then upload images after the gallery has been created.
-Q: How to upload dozens of pictures
-A: At this moment there is no dependable solution other than to upload the images one by one. You can limit the upload time by scaling the images first to 1024 pixels wide (landscape) or high (portrait) For large galleries contact the webmaster(s) via the contact function in menu on the left.
-Q: How to add blog articles.
-A: Adding a blog article is as simple as writing an email, the interface is very similar.
Click on 'Create Content' on the left, click on 'Blog entry'. In the 'create Blog entry' form, fill in a title and add the body of text. You can use the formatting options in the text editor. You can optionally attach an image: browse to the image on your computer or use an uploaded picture. Don't forget to hit 'save' at the bottom of the page.
TIP: if you upload a picture first, jot down the name of the pic, as there will be hundreds of images to choose from
-Q: How to contact the club officers or webmasters.
-A: use the contact function on the left, type in a subject, select the category 'Club officers' or 'webmasters' Add your message and hit the send email button.
-Q: How to comment on an article or blog
-A: As a clubmember you can comment on articles to add information. Use the 'Add new comment' at the bottom of an article. Write your comment, click on 'preview' and after reviewing click on 'save'.
TIP: if we posted a picture of your car but didn't know the owner you can add this information using this function.
-Q: How to enjoy your Austin-Healey.
-A: Push the start button.
TIP: Join the Austin-Healey Association of Southern California.